Conditions for plenary speakers
The plenary role and duties
The Plenary is an expert in his/her field. He/She has to deliver an attractive speech related to one of the conference topics. You will find below more details regarding your presentation guidelines:
- The speech shall be delivered in English
- The speech shall last around 30 minutes (the exact duration will be specified with the Organizing Committee for each event/speaker)
- You are free to define the content of your speech: presenting your latest research outputs, commenting the latest research news, introducing a new project to come…
- We expect an email from you just after your acceptance with the following details: picture, short biography, short presentation outline.
Guidelines & Rules
We do believe that one of the most important success keys when organizing conferences is to invite speakers who are experts in their fields and who can deliver a very attractive speech to the attendees.
Our role as Organizing Committee is to provide the invited speakers with the best conditions in order to allow them to focus on the content of the conference.
Please notice that PREMC will support several expenses related to the organized event according to the following rules:
- The Organizing Committee will manage the registration process for you.
- PREMC will cover the registration fees related to your participation, including options such as lunches, afterwork activities…
- Flight, train or boat tickets will be purchased by PREMC, who will take into account your instructions in terms of travel dates. Your instructions are expected at least 3 months prior to the event. if you chose to book your own travel, we cannot reimburse you.
- Plenaries are not expected to start their journey before 8 am or arrive later than 10 pm unless they wish so.
- The PREMC will provide you with the selected tickets information and ask you for a final confirmation just before booking.
- If instructions are received on time, PREMC will book a direct flight if available.
- Flight, train or boat tickets will be full economy or low-cost where available (business class or first class are not permitted)
- PremC covers the flight, train or boat tickets up to 1500 Euros, extra / exceeding cost shall be paid by the Plenary.
- The booking and payment of the accommodation will be done by PREMC.
- The number of nights supported by PREMC is limited to the number of conference days + 1 for European Plenaries (+2 for non-European Plenaries).
- We will do our best in order to book a hotel very close to the conference venue (please notice that sending us the booking instructions regarding the dates in advance will ease this task).
- If the plenary needs a VISA or any entry permission then PREMC will provide a full support to deal with the concerned administration.
- VISA fees can be reimbursed by PREMC upon presentation of the receipt.
- It is the responsibility of the plenary to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference.
- PremC cannot be held liable for any loss, personal injury or damage to personal property.
How will I get my travel tickets or accommodation details?
Once the booking confirmed, we will send you an email with your electronic tickets and hotel booking confirmation.
What should I do if I discover that I cannot attend the conference?
A Plenary cancellation is very complicated to manage for the Organizing Committee for several reasons, having said that, life is full of unexpected events. So if you are in such position, please contact the Organizing Committee as soon as possible in order to find a back up plan.
What if I need to change the dates for my booking?
You just need to inform your PREMC contact and she/he will take into account your request (please notice that some changes after booking could be refused by our intermediary or could be too costly, in these cases we may not be able to accept them).
Do I have to pay additional expenses?
All personal expenses must be handled by the Plenary: including minibar, private telephone calls, laundry, extra meals…