International Conference on Renewable Energy
Research for a better future
Renewable Energy forms one of the pillars for delivering a global sustainable environment and the commitment to climate change targets. The renewable energy industry has matured, with huge investments being ploughed into it globally. Global new investment in renewable energy (excluding large hydro-electric projects) was around US$241.6 billion in 2016, with over 138.5GW of added renewable power capacity worldwide. This capacity is equivalent to 55% of all the generating capacity and was approximately double that in fossil fuel generation in 2016. International Conference on Renewable Energy series addresses research and development in renewable energy technologies including energy efficiency. It is an annual meeting planned to be held in different countries, initially within Europe, with Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America being highlighted as target regions for the conference.
The next in the series of the International Conference on Renewable Energy is the ICREN 2020 focusing on international participation including experienced and young researchers with interest in renewable energy studies.
ICREN 2020 will include articles and presentations on the latest research on renewable energy technologies, grid interactions, energy efficiency, data analytics, economics and finance, environmental and social impact as well as policy and climate change implications.
This conference will gather an excellent group of Plenary speakers from different topics and will be held online on November 25-27, 2020.
After careful consideration, the Chairman and the Organizing Committee have decided to transform ICREN 2020 into an online conference. Indeed, travel restrictions and pandemic progress are creating too much uncertainty regarding the organization of in-person conferences. In addition, a survey has shown that 86,4% of the participants prefer the alternative of the online meeting instead of a cancellation. This will not replace the in-person conference but it allows the community to maintain a link. Moreover, this conference will be eco-friendly and cheaper since everyone can participate from home.
The committee will take this opportunity to invite a wider range of high-profile speakers and build a very attractive program. In addition, we would like this edition to be interactive with AV discussions over the talks and full of opportunities to network. Providing you with a smooth meeting technically speaking is also one of our main priorities.
Please note that the committee has experience with organizing interactive online conferences. We have designed an intuitive dashboard representing the conference lobby and where you can access to each room with a single click. A welcome desk will be available every day with a staff member that you can talk with and each participant can ask for a technical test prior to the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have access to the participant’s list before the conference via a networking app and several activities will be available during the breaks to facilitate the networking between participants, there will be also rooms dedicated to the speakers in order to extend the Q&A and others dedicated to open positions opportunities to encourage the creation of new collaborations. All live speakers will be contacted by the committee at least one week before the conference in order to run a quick technical test.
- Renewable Energy technologies – solar, wind, wave, tidal, geothermal, bioenergy, hydropower
- Energy storage concepts and materials
- Renewable energy integrations and energy networks
- Innovation in energy efficiency and architecture
- Energy access, gender and development
- Economics social and environmental and policy aspects
- Energy and climate change
The target of ICREN 2020 is to attract the best articles and experts from all around the world. In order to promote excellence, awards will be offered to the outstanding submissions and all participants who would like to publish their full paper will have the opportunity to do it with ICREN 2020 and its associated journals.
Plenary and Invited Speakers
14 high profile speakers are invited to give plenary and invited speeches at International Conference on Renewable Energy 2020
Limited to 500 attendees: several rooms will be available during the conference including the main room, networking and break rooms, and Q&A rooms.
2 afterworks will be additional opportunities for you to network and enjoy the conference!
Prof. Pierluigi Siano
University of Salerno, Italy
Prof. Nikos Hatziargyriou
University of Athens, Greece
Prof. Vincenzo Piuri
University of Milan, Italy
Prof. Alberto Borghetti
Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Information Engineering, University of Bologna
Prof. Zhe Chen
Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University
Dr. Marialaura Di Somma
Italian national agency for new technologies energy and sustainable economic development, ENEA, Italy
Prof. Yi Ding
College of Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
Prof. Mohammad Dolatabadi
Valie Asr University, Iran
Prof. Antonio Moreno Muñoz
University of Córdoba, Spain
Prof. Peter Palensky
TU Delft, Netherland
Prof. Miadreza Shafiekhah
University of Vaasa, Finland
Prof. Catalina Spataru
Prof. Zita Vale
Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal
Prof. Fei Wang
North China Electric Power University, China
Prof. Dario Zaninelli
Politecnico di Milano, Italy
PhD/post doc positions are available in the following labs. Click on the laboratory name for more information:
- 6 September 2020
(position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years)
- 1 September 2020
(1st of October 2020 - 30 September 2022)
Type of offer
- 1 PhD position
- 1 Post-doc position
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THE PAST EDITIONS
Yesterday I presented our work on multi-criteria optimization of community batteries for aggregators at the international conf on renewable energy #ICREN2019 at the @UNESCO hq in Paris. I enjoyed a lot the experience, the multi-disciplinary topics and nice presentations/posters! https://t.co/oEufRJPais— Tarek Alskaif (@Tarek_Skaif) April 25, 2019
How energy transition in our society can transform and modify the energy models? has been discussed today in #ICREN2018 roundtable with Diego Pavia @InnoEnergyEU @marcrotllanpuig @energiacat @MSC_Manel & Prof. Morante IREC_Energia @EMIRI_Stassin_F Thanks for your contributions! https://t.co/acl9orH02B— IREC (@IREC_Energia) April 26, 2018
We are pleased to offer the prize to Mr. Islam Elsayed. Congratulations! 👏👏The presentation title is Feasibility approach of power generation from Solar Thermal Wind Tower: Inclusive impact assessment concerning environmental and economic costs. #ICREN2018 @Energies https://t.co/e0d9imRVnR— Energies MDPI (@energies_mdpi) May 8, 2018
Thanks to the committee of the International Conference on Renewable Energy (ICREN) for giving me the opportunity to present part of my thesis project. This week at UNESCO headquarters in Paris was quite enriching! I hope to see you next year! #icren2019#renewableenergy #UNESCO pic.twitter.com/xsvNccvwdp— Eduardo Carrera (@Educarrerag) April 29, 2019
TAKE A LOOK AT THE ABSTRACTS OF PREVIOUS EDITIONS
- 2- And 3-Dimensional Materials For Electrochemical Capacitors presented by Prof. Patrice Simon (more details)
- Solving Materials Challenges For Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells presented by Prof. Deborah Jones (more details)
- Energy And Environment Friendly Materials Research For Sustainable Chemical Energy Storage presented by Prof. Joan Ramón Morante (more details)
- New 2D Materials For Storage And Harvesting Of Electrical Energy presented by Prof. Yury Gogotsi (more details)
- The Largest Rotating Machines On Earth presented by Prof. Carlo L. Bottasso (more details)
- Power Electronics — The Key Technology For Renewable Energy System Integration presented by Prof. Frede Blaabjerg (more details)
- Nanocatalysts To Turn Carbon Dioxide And Water To Carbon-Neutral Synthetic Fuels presented by Prof. Teresa Andreu (more details)
- Renewable Energy Across Scales presented by Prof. AbuBakr Bahaj (more details)
- Low Temperature Plasma Processes: From Silicon Thin Films To Epitaxial Growth And Nanostructure For Photovoltaics presented by Prof. Pere Roca i Cabarrocas (more details)
- Solid State Electrolyte For Solid State Batteries And Air Batteries presented by Prof. Li Lu (more details)
- Bottom Up Engineering Of Nanomaterials For Energy Conversion And Storage presented by Prof. Andreu Cabotj (more details)
- Molecular Materials For Solar Energy Conversion And Energy Storage presented by Prof. Jenny Nelson (more details)
- Challenging The Limits Of Silicon Solar Cell Performance presented by Prof. Wilhelm Warta (more details)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PREVIOUS EDITIONS