Zebra Science offers services to academia and companies within the framework of your research and innovation projects. They develop a broad range of activities to reply to project needs during the project lifetime, from identifying the best grant opportunities to the management of your awarded projects.
Zebra Science was created in order to provide high-quality services in the management of all non-scientific issues of projects, in order to enable researchers and entrepreneurs to focus on their core business: research and innovation.
The Zebra Science team and its partners attach high importance to competence, flexibility in replying to your needs, quality and integrity. We will always do our best to support you in an efficient manner, even if it means advising you not to reply to a call for proposals from a funding agency – if chances of success are too low. Research and innovation are priorities.
Since the beginning of the 2000s, research and innovation have progressively moved from funding coming in every year from ministries or other state institutions to funding from different grant-giving bodies.
In this context, new funding agencies have been set-up or have increased their activities, such as the European Commission at the European level (for example, with FP7 or more recently Horizon 2020), or the French National Research Agency, at a national level.
In order to perform their research or innovation activities, researchers today have to work in a project-based framework, and apply for specific grants to get the necessary funds.
In such a complex and competitive environment, it is crucial for academia, SMEs and industry to be able to:
- Identify the relevant funding opportunities amongst the existing ones numbering in the thousands.
- Set-up excellent proposals, to effectively manage high competition and low success rates
- Manage their projects carefully to fulfil their objectives and deliverables, in the strict respect of funding agency rules, to avoid any undesirable financial consequences
To do so, it is imperative that you are surrounded with project-based research experts, either to set-up your proposal, to manage your project or to improve your skills through training. Zebra Science offers you dedicated support to target these needs. These support mechanisms are based on a set of key skills, as listed below.
Zebra Science offers a wide range of flexible competencies to answer your particular needs.
Their core expertise: Project Engineering
Zebra Science offers to put in place actions dedicated to:
- Look-out on the different national and European call for proposals: from the French National Research Agency, the French National Cancer Institute, the European Commission (in particular Horizon 2020), etc.
- Identification of grants that are relevant to your needs : after a presentation of your project, we will find suitable calls from existing funding agencies
- Proposal Set-up : we will deal with all non-scientific sections of the application (impact, implementation, budgets, administrative forms, etc.), and provide recommendations as well as critical reading of the scientific sections
- Project Management: coordination of scientific and financial reporting, support during audits from funding agencies, meetings and summer-school organisation, etc.
- Training on general topics (ex: the Horizon 2020 Programme) and specific aspects (ex: how to write the « Impact » section of your project in a Societal Challenge proposal?)
Supplementary skills in project-related fields
According to your needs, Zebra Science will involve experts in:
- Legal matters : material Transfer Agreements (MTA), R&D collaboration contracts, service provider contracts, biomedical research contracts, confidentiality agreements, consortium agreements
- Intellectual Property : patentability surveys, patent applications, follow-up of patent procedures (extensions, national phases, official letter replies, etc.), freedom to operate studies
- Technology Transfer : consulting and training, co-ownership, licensing
- Communication and Dissemination : websites, logos, leaflets
- Change Management : coaching, team or unit mergers, conflict resolution
- English proof-reading of proposals and scientific documents
Thus, whatever you may need in the framework of your projects, Zebra Science will be able to provide you with the relevant competencies.
Contact: Laurent.email@example.com / +33 6 65 65 16 05