Soft Matter provides a unique forum for the communication of fundamental science underpinning the behaviour of soft matter. There is a particular focus on the interface between physics, materials science, biology, chemical engineering and chemistry.
The scope of Soft Matter covers the following.
- Bulk soft matter assemblies, including colloids, granular matter, liquid crystals, polymers and active matter
- Soft nanotechnology and self-assembly
- Biological aspects of soft matter
- Surfaces, interfaces, and interactions
- Theory, modelling, and simulation